Active Project Management – The Official Text for TheActivePM Certificate
Active Project Management will show you how to define the scope for a large complex project and then deliver it successfully, on time, on budget.
- Concepts and practices to aid an understanding of the dynamics of complex projects are explained as are the practices used to manage them.
- Example structures for key artefacts such as project plans and project definitions are provided and explained. You can then use these as a basis for the artefacts in your own projects.
- Checklists for each Project Stage in the project life cycle are provided. Know what to do, know when to do it and do not miss a step.
The book is the official text for the Active Project Management Certificate (AKA TheActivePM Certificate). Read the book, take the online assessments and demonstrate to the world that you have what it takes to deliver complex projects on time, on budget. The book covers the following:
- Introduction to projects and the ingredients of success.
- Challenges faced by project managers.
- Different approaches to achieving success such as “Waterfall” and “Agile” approaches.
- The ActivePM methodology: Six Stages from Initiation to Completion. For each stage:
- Key concepts: ideas and insights essential to project managers.
- Artefacts: the essential documents and tools to run a smooth process.
- Checklists: practical aids to ensure that no mistakes are made.